ENERGY STAR® for New Homes Initiative
ENERGY STAR® is the symbol that is widely recognized as a highly energy efficient home. Some points to reinforce the importance of an ENERGY STAR® certification:
- 9/10 buyers consider the energy efficiency of a home to be important.
- The brand recognition of ENERGY STAR® is very strong. Visual awareness of the brand is approximately 90% across Canada.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified homes are proven to sell up to 89 days faster compared to similar conventional homes.
- Certified ENERGY STAR® homes sell for $2.99 more per square foot than similar uncertified homes.
- Over 25% of new homes in the United States are ENERGY STAR® certified.
In many situations, homes are already meeting nearly all of the requirements for an ENERGY STAR® certification. The return on your investment by having an energy advisor complete a certification is exponential when considering home market value.